Monday, May 18, 2009

I needed nice sandals, the winner ... Amazon.com! (again)

My summer casual sandals are pretty gross, so I decided to buy new ones. My brother, who has better taste and a better budget, had some nice ones he raved about, so I decided to jump in and get the same ones (justifying it, because I'll where them for the next 10 years!)

They're those half sandals/half gym shoe types, called Keen Newports. He told me they'd probably be just under $100. Yep. For in store visits, I went to DSW (didn't have them), JC Penny (nope, just knock offs), Sears (nothing close), and Nordstrom's. Nordstrom's had them (figures) and they were $89.95. Plus tax, would make them about $100 where I live.

Through 2clickfundraising.com, shoes.com has a $10 off $50 orders coupon this month (SPRING10), so I started there. The shoes were $97. The Bad news was, that Keen wasn't part of the coupon, so I couldn't use that. But, with NO Shipping & NO Tax, I still would have saved $3 over Nordstroms. AND (this made the decision tough), Shoes.com purchases create 10% going back to the Fisher House, so that was $9.70. Not bad.

But, on Amazon.com, they were on sale for $78.50 plus $6.50 shipping and NO Tax. So, it was only $85 total. And, Amazon.com is about 4.5% to the groups, so about $3.50 will go to Fisher House (Hey, I have to look out for number 1!).

If you know someone looking for shoes, share this with them.
If you know a good 2click success story, share it with me! (jeff@2clickfundraising.com)

Smart saving and happy clicking,
Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment